Spanish seafood skewers with chorizo
Categories : Main course
Cooking time: 8 min - Preparation time: 10 min - For: 6 persons
- Cooked king prawns (4 cooked prawns per skewer, 2 skewers per person)
- Small calamari cornets (3 calamari cornets per skewer, 2 skewers per person)
- Chorizo sausage slices (2 chorizo slices per skewer, 2 skewers per person)
- Smoked paprika, pimenton
- Salt and pepper
- A little olive oil
- Juice of one lemon (per 6 to 8 skewers)
- Thread the prawns, calamari and chorizo on to the skewers.
- Place the skewers on to a large plate and drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice; then season to taste with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Allow to sit for up to half an hour, covering if necessary.
- Turn your plancha on and allow to heat up. Spray the surface with some spray oil or drizzle a little oil over the hot-plate.
- Place the skewers on to the hot-plate and cook for between 5 and 8 minutes, turning all the time, until the calamari is cooked, the chorizo has released its oil and the prawns are charred.
- Serve straight away with salad, stir-fried peppers and onions or rice.
- Skewers can be made beforehand and kept covered in the fridge for up 24 hours before cooking, or can be frozen at this stage too.