Doner Kebab a la plancha
Categories : Main course
- 600g lamb (shoulder or leg), either chicken or beef
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- Green salad
- 1 cup of yogurt
- 1 shallot
- 5 bars chives
- Juice of a quarter lemon
- 2 flatbreads
The recipe :
- First, cut the meat into medium sized rectangular pieces. Then Core the tomatoes and cut them into bite-sized pieces, similar to the size of the meat. Doing the same thing with the onions.
- Put the meat, tomato and onion pieces on skewers alternately.
- Preheat the Plancha at high heat for 5 minutes and place the skewers on the plate. Roast them on the skewers turning regularly to ensure they are cooked evenly
- For the sauce; peel and cut the shallots and chives into small cubes. Then mix both ingredients with the lemon juice and yogurt in a bowl. And season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the flatbreads in the middle so that there are four halves cut for filling in the center of the open since, without cutting into the crust. (see photo for example)
- Divide the salad in the flatbread, take the meat and vegetables from the skewer and put inside the flatbread. Pour the sauce over the meat and the salad - and the homemade kebab is ready to be enjoyed !