Chilli Peppered Chicken Steaks & Mediterranean Goat's Cheese Vegetable Stacks
Categories : Main course
Cooking time: 10 min - Preparation time: 5 min - For: 4 persons
- 4 chicken steaks also known as escalopes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper corns
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic granules
- sea salt to taste
The recipe :
- Pre-heat your plancha and then mix the rub ingredients together and set to one side.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken steaks and then sprinkle the rub mixture over them, turning the chicken around so the rub covers all of the chicken.
- When the La Plancha grill is hot enough, spray the hot plate with the low-calorie oil and then place the chicken on the hot plate and sear both sides on the highest heat, before turning down and cooking for a further 4 to 5 minutes, turning the chicken steaks regularly.
- If cooking other ingredients on the La Plancha to serve with the chicken, turn one side of the grill off and push the chicken to one side to keep warm.
- Serve the chicken as soon as it is cooked and the accompaniments are ready.
- Chicken can also be served with baked potatoes, potato salad, assorted salads, salsa and crusty bread for a chicken sandwich.
- You can also cook this chicken in a griddle pan, under a grill and on the barbecue.